Do I have a hearing loss that needs to be evaluated by a professional?
If you answer yes to more than two of the following questions, you should have your hearing evaluated further by a licensed audiologist:
- Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
- Do you hear better through one ear than the other when you are
on the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following the conversation with two or more
people talking at the same time?
- Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Do you have trouble hearing in restaurants?
- Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do family members or coworkers remark about your missing what
has been said?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble (or not speak clearly)?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?